[mythtv] "Missing Cover" in mythweb videos

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Sun Jan 17 00:59:25 UTC 2010

Hi!

Simon Kenyon wrote:
> the point i'm making is that in my database the cover_file does *NOT*
> have the full path. it may well do in your database.
>
> my hunch (but i have not trawled through the code) is that the
> difference is whether you are using storage groups or not.

That would explain why it works for some and not others... I use storage groups and
my artwork dir does point to the same place as my coverart storage group.

MythWeb however now requires the use of the Videos storage group though now according
to the following error message (in mythplugins/mythweb/modules/video/handler.php)

<<
custom_error('MythWeb now requires use of the Videos Storage Group.');

so I guess the days of *not* using storage groups are numbered.

It's even possible that the grabber used *might* have something to do with it (though
I would be surprised)...

I think that the path should probably *not* be but in there (only the file name
should be present).

The "best bet" to try to make it work for people with and without storage groups
might be to strip the file name of its path if present and then use the
data/video_covers symbolic link. The symbolic link would need to be changed to point
to the appropriate storage group and failing that the VideoArtworkDir.

Do you think that would work ok?

Have a nice day!

Nick