[mythtv] mythvideo downloading posters from themoviedb.org

Kelly Carmichael kcarmich at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 20 02:36:56 UTC 2010

I have been trying to figure out why my system is having issues downloading posters from themoviedb.org from within mythvideo.

I have tracked it down to an error from within the QT library "QTNetworking"  the QHttp routines have been obsoleted and are not to be used according to the documentation.

The http requests are sending

GET http://images.themoviedb.org/posters/6917/folder.jpg HTTP/1.1

instead of the normal

GET /posters/6917/folder.jpg HTTP/1.1

the administrators at themoviedb.org have been helpful with providing me any information they could see, but they arent logging the requests to the images host anymore because there are too many hits to keep track of it, so they couldnt tell me if lots of people are sending similar requests.

I have updated all my QT libraries to the latest available from nokia, and I get the same results.

anybody else see this issue?

I am running the latest SVN version of mythtv and plugins.

I submitted 2 requests to TRAC but they have been rejected as "works for me".

or should I be trying to roll back to an older version of QT to fix this.