[mythtv] Seek (back and forth) broken in MythTV trunk r23186

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jan 30 08:32:44 UTC 2010

On 01/21/2010 05:26 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> On 01/21/2010 05:17 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> I'm planning a change that will allow sticky forwards with incremental
>> seeks.  I just need some time to finish it.  Doing the change correctly
>> allows me to simplify the code rather than adding more code and
>> complexity that's as bad as the original setting.
>
> Faster! Faster slave. Damn I knew I shouldn't have left my whip at home!
>
> Seriously, that's good news. I do use (very occasionally) the absolute
> jumps,

I'm assuming you mean with HHMM followed by hitting the INFO key (I),
since if you have ,/< or ./> mapped on your remote, there's no reason to
have been using the StickyKeys setting (and making Left and Right
buttons work the same as the ,/< and ./> buttons.

> but not often. And it seems natural to jump, if you have set a time,
> or ff/rw if you have not. It's a nice over-load of the Left/Right
> button. But absolute jumps don't follow that direct relationship.
> Absolute jumps, in that respect, are closer to commercial skips. There
> is no easy answer however.
>
> So I just want my old way back. And I wannnttt ittt NOW! (stamps foot,
> pouts...).

The change is in as of r23362.  Make sure Left and Right keys are no
longer bound to either SEEKRWND/SEEKFFWD or RWNDSTICKY/FFWDSTICKY and
all should work as you want.  If you haven't changed your bindings, it
will update them automatically.

Mike