[mythtv] missing bits from r25164?

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Thu Jul 1 16:45:38 UTC 2010

On 01/07/2010 03:48, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:

> Obviously, linux will be the first slave target to be "perfected".

If you didn't already think of it, please consider using either full
virtualisation (eg Virtualbox, etc), or container virtualisation such as
linux-vservers.  I'm sure this is already on the plan(!), but don't
overlook the vservers stuff - they are incredibly lightweight, hence you
can easily overcommit resources (useful to start more machines if most
are normally idle or have quite variable memory requirements - just let
the OS allocate memory as appropriate).

I use linux-vserver extensively and have nothing but praise for it.  It
would make it super easy to even setup stuff like creating scripts which
could give any developer their own entire virtual machine to build on.
Machines boot in 2-3 seconds

Good luck

Ed W