[mythtv] Bug #7067, patch updated, please apply...

Taylor Ralph taylor.ralph at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 02:47:53 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 1:03 AM, Davin McCall <davmac at davmac.org> wrote:
> On 05/07/2010, at 8:24 AM, Taylor Ralph wrote:
>

>> It should go in very soon. Sorry for the delay and thanks for the patch.
>>

> Thanks - that's good to hear.
>
> Davin

I've updated the patch to resolve a couple small issues.

1. added back prevrp assignment since it's needed for properly
handling repeat_pict frames
2. made avsync_adjustment additive (instead of overriding) for the 1.5
frame divergence code to retain the same functionality as before

I do have one question about the patch that isn't obvious to me. Why
did you move the location of the following code?

            avsync_delay = (buffer->timecode - currentaudiotime) * 1000;//usec
            // prevents major jitter when pts resets during dvd title
            if (avsync_delay > 2000000 && player_ctx->buffer->isDVD())
                avsync_delay = 90000;
            avsync_avg = (avsync_delay + (avsync_avg * 3)) / 4;

With these changes to your patch a sample video which I consider very
challenging works flawlessly now.

Regards.

--
Taylor