[mythtv] mythtv commit: r25364 - in branches/release-0-23-fixes/mythtv by gigem

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sat Jul 17 16:18:57 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 06:06:07PM +1200, Robin Gilks wrote:
> > Note: this changes the ABI and protocol versions, so it's probably a
> > good idea to make clean before compiling.
>
> Please say you are pulling our legs - changing the ABI OK but the protocol
> version? in fixes?
>
> I thought that was the biggest no-no apart from database version changes...

Schema changes in -fixes are strongly discouraged, but not totally
prohibited, because they increase the number of upgrade paths that
need to be supported.  To my knowledge, however, there has never been
any prohibition on protocol changes in -fixes.

The conflicting protocol version I added was an oversight.  I actually
did my -fixes changes first when the versions were the same.  When I
later ported them to trunk, I blindly incremented the current trunk
version, tested and then committed everything.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net