[mythtv] Please unlock ticket

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Tue Jul 20 20:32:13 UTC 2010

HI!

On 20.07.2010 20:08, Raymond Wagner wrote:

> Your logs state that your mysql server has 'gone away'.  Either your
> mysql server has crashed, or you have an unreliable network.  MythTV
> does not provide support for either of those issues.

Since I have no errors on the backend machine, I guess mysql was always
running.

Also, since the machine just booted via PXE, the network should be working.

I have no explanation for those network problems. Maybe some library
that MythTV is using to connect to the network is unstable? QT?

Or maybe a timeout because of network activity?

The strangest thing for me is, that the SELECT statements failed, but
the DELETE statements were being executed, because at the end, those 4
tables in my mythtv database were cleared of all entries for the frontend.

Of course, MythTV cannot support any scenario like this, but my point
was, that if the SELECT statements fail, MythTV should stop and ask and
not try to DELETE data.

> The other possibility we came up with is that you are running a separate
> mysql server on your frontend, and having it connect to that instead.
> All systems in a mythtv setup must connect to the same shared database.
> If you are running mysql on that frontend, please disable it and
> reconfigure your frontend to connect to the proper database.

The frontend has mysql installed but not running.

Thomas