[mythtv] Please unlock ticket

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue Jul 20 23:31:35 UTC 2010

On 21/07/2010, at 4:17 AM, Michael T. Dean proposed:

> Or, once the real connection to the real database is lost, the frontend desperately looks for the database and ends up falling back to a database running on localhost.

As far as I know, this is not possible. (unless a nasty bug is
scribbling over random memory and resetting the hostname string?)

When a myth application instance starts up, it goes looking for
a database. Those settings are stored in the MythContextPrivate
object, and used for every database connection from them on.

I will try to reproduce the fault, but the only cause I can think
of is if another program (like mythbackend --generate-preview)
runs after the database has gone AWOL.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Yes, but you were just soul-
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | less, bloodsucking demons.