[mythtv] Switched Digital Video Problem

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sun Jul 25 22:30:06 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 04:19:16PM -0400, George Nassas wrote:
> On 2010-07-25, at 4:08 PM, David Engel wrote:
> > I'm open to other suggestions, but what I'm thinking of doing is
> > modifying the MythTV recorder code to optionally re-execute the
> > channel change script (or another one) periodicall
>
> Aren't system events tailor made for this sort of situation? 	Subscribe to "Recording started" and have your handler script do the bump every so many minutes. Have a second subscription to "Recording finished" which kills each bump script. You could have the bumper write its pid to /tmp/myth.%FILE% so the recording finished script knows who to kill.

Hmm, system events might work.  At first glance, however, it looks
like there could a tiny race condition.  The client might not receive
the REC_FINISHED even in time to stop the periodic handler before the
recorder has already started another recording.

This does give me a different idea, though.  The channel change script
could kill any existing handler, change the channel and then start a
new handler.  I'll have to give that some thought.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net