[mythtv] hdhomerun tuner locking

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 14:52:13 UTC 2010

Was doing some research on the hdhomerun and how it handles multiple
clients as I'd like to share it between my prod (23fixes) and dev
(trunk) systems.
The HDHR developer’s guide says the api supports locks on the tuners
(hdhomerun_device_selector.c) and an specific functions for clients to
find a tuner that is free.  But, in looking at the myth source code in
videosource.cpp, it appears that myth isn’t using the locking API and
is instead calling hdhomerun_device_create_from_str.

Curious as to if this is intentional?    Any plans to support using
locking API in the future?  Would patches doing so be accepted?

Dave