[mythtv] Bug about backend lockups

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 16:18:27 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Michael Zanetti <michael_zanetti at gmx.net> wrote:
> I have recompiled mythtv now as a debug build, attached gdb and will provide a
> trace next time the backend locks up. Also, I would like to communicate with
> dude71 at ... who seems to have the same issue. Unfortunately, since trac doesn't
> show the full mail address and the bug is locked, I have no way to get in
> touch with him.

Hi Michael,

We appreciate your willingness to offer any requested information,
however, the other guy's diagnostic data is useless to us as it
utilizes an illegal (in the territory of MythTV devs) and
unsupportable data path by utilizing softcams.  In short, any
information he would provide you or us is comprimised.  If you are
doing the same, we are equally unable to touch the report.  (I'm not
saying you are, but if you were, and that was the common thread
between you two, then it's a report we can and will have nothing to do
with).  If you are not using a softcam, then you can probably provide
the backtrace of the hung backend in this thread, and if it's
determined that there's something we can help with, we can go to trac
then.

Thanks,

Robert