[mythtv] [Q]: can someone point me to where myth "decides" if a stream is encrypted or not?

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 18:57:16 UTC 2010

On 6 June 2010 17:32, Emmanuel <eallaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I actually want to do the following: there is one sat channel here which is
> free that is no decryption is required whereas most channels are encrypted.
> The problem is that this stream is flagged in the dvb tables as encrypted
> and then myth tries, rightly so, to decrypt which does not  work. SO my
> question is where is the code where the stream is detected as needing
> decryption and how can I permanently change that (I could even write a patch
> with a button in the setup to ask for that if others need that sort of
> broken tables work-around).
> TIA
> Bye
> Manu

If a single program is not encrypted within a mux that has all other
programs encrypted, myth can handle it fine.
I have not checked the source yet, but I would assume that if would
try to decrypt on a per packet basis.
So, you would be looking for the individual packets to be wrongly marked.
So, I think the most likely place for the wrong detection is in the
isencrypted() function (or one of a similar name)
Having looked at the code, the test is currently incorrect, so you
might wish to correct it.
For example the test tests a 2 bit field.
Values     Correct identified as encrypted     Myth identification
00           0                                               0
01           0                                               1
10           1                                                1
11           1                                               1

Kind Regards

James