[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r24980 by robertm

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 17:04:55 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am unlikely to ever support an option to go back trough and
> re-re-re-grab metadata from our sources.  It's disrespectful and
> unfair to constantly be pulling the same metadata over and over.  I
> personally feel like it's selfish and unfair to the unpaid, free data
> sources we use. . .
>
> Robert

I don't entirely disagree with your position.

In my case I was usually grabbing new metadata that I had added to
themoviedb.org.  So I wasn't just hammering their servers over and
over.  But that would be the result of an automated "check for new
metadata" job.

-Ryan