[mythtv] MythVideo: Videos with special characters in filename are not found

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 7 19:08:10 UTC 2010

On 06/07/2010 02:23 PM, Mirko wrote:
>  Mike, first of all thank you very much for your help. Your first
> advice is working.
>
> First I stopped the mythbackend service. Then I started a shell where
> I've verified the output of 'locale'. In this shell I started the
> mythbackend manually and then I started the mythfrontend. After a
> rescan all videos are found (even the files with special characters)
> :-) .
>
> I think the problem only occurs if the mythbackend is started as a
> service. When I start the mythbackend in a shell as a normal user
> (mythtv or something else) it's working.
>
> Can I solve the problem by editing an init script?

You'll need to do exactly that (or whatever the upstart equivalent is,
if your distro has chosen to use upstart).  How to do so, though, I
can't tell you.

You'll need to talk to other users of your distro or the distro package
maintainers themselves.  I'd recommend asking for further help on the
mythtv-users mailing list or, even better, on your distro's mailing
lists/fora/whatever.

Mike