[mythtv] Renewing PostgreSQL support

Manuel McLure manuel at mclure.org
Mon Jun 21 18:24:09 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> MySQL used to be lacking on features compared to PostgresSQL and in
> some ways still is; but it is much faster.

Depends on the workload - for few users that don't care about ACID,
MySQL is definitely faster. Once you throw ACID into the mix MySQL
slows down a lot and if you then scale up to more than a few dozen
users, PostgreSQL actually ends up being faster.

That said, MythTV is definitely in the first category so as much as I
like PostgreSQL I can see no advantage in moving to it for MythTV.
--
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel at mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,