[mythtv] Renewing PostgreSQL support

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Tue Jun 22 03:34:52 UTC 2010

    > Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 22:58:50 -0400
    > From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>

    > So, basically the problem here is not that SQL is easier--but that you
    > haven't submitted patches to make all this easier than even using SQL.

-I've- submitted patches.

They've been rejected.

Losing SQL access would send certain research projects that use Myth
up a creek without a paddle.  It would also destroy several bits of
automation that -I- use that the developers have claimed are, for the
general populace, "useless."  Not "we don't feel like implementing
this ourselves," but "we refuse to apply them even if they solve your
problem and don't affect anyone who doesn't use them."