[mythtv] Renewing PostgreSQL support

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Tue Jun 22 08:10:57 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 08:05:41AM +0200, Per Heldal wrote:
> On 22/06/10 03:07, Ross Campbell wrote:
> > Surely I can't be the only one who uses phpmyadmin for all sorts of
> > data management in mythtv -- from managing channel lineup table
> > changes, to changing metadata by hand, etc. I really appreciate the
> > ability to access the mythconverg database via sql.
>

> I try to avoid muckin' about with the DB, but there's at least 3 tasks
> that currently require manual intervention for me (using DVB-S2).
>
> 1. One initial (seed) transponder has to be added manually to an empty
> database to be able to scan a satellite position. ("Add transport" is
> non-functional in mythtv-setup in trunk).

'Full scan (tuned)' doesn't work for entering the seed transport? please
file a bug.

> 2. The majority of the 200-300 channels returned by a scan are either
> junk (of no interest) or not included in my subscription.

'check decryptability' should exclude the channels not included in your
subscription from the scan results.

> To edit and
> set these invisible with mythtv-setup would take forever. I know
> channels can be hidden from mythweb, but right now in trunk it only
> displays visible channels so (re)enabling visibility for a channel to
> correct a mistake is not an option in mythweb.

There are a couple of loose ends in the channel editor import of scan
results.

> 3. Mythtv-setup is only able to find and download icons for a small
> fraction (<5%) of the available channels. I've found it much simpler to
> maintain my own set of channel icons (from sources like lyngsat.com) and
> cut-paste paths into the channel-table with some grid-view table-browser
> for the few channels I keep as visible.

mythtv-setup should know the lyngsat.com icons.

Janne