[mythtv] Renewing PostgreSQL support

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jun 22 08:38:28 UTC 2010

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 22/06/10 08:50 did gyre and gimble:
> 'Twas brillig, and Tom Dexter at 22/06/10 01:05 did gyre and gimble:
>> Wow...as someone who understands MySQL well and *really* likes having
>> access to the database
>
> #!/bin/bash
>
> cd ~/.mythtv/db/
> trap 'kill $(jobs -p)' EXIT
> /usr/sbin/mysqld --defaults-file=`pwd`/my.cnf
> --default-storage-engine=MyISAM --datadir=`pwd`/data --socket=`pwd`/sock
> --skip-grant-tables --skip-networking&
> sleep 1
> mysql --socket=`pwd`/sock mythconverg --prompt="MythTV> "
>

> There, fixed that for ya.

I should clarify that the folder names are made up, obviously until it's
rolled otu ~/.mythtv/db/ is my concoction, and the data subdir for the
actual data dir is also made up... as is the locatio nof my.cnf :)

And this should only really be done when the master backend is not
running (when the master backend becomes the database too that is....
all looking ahead).

Anyway, I've used this approach to access databases from MySQLe projects
and it's always been rather convenient and easy.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
myth(at)colin.guthr.ie