[mythtv] EIT updates for in-progress recordings

Malcolm Parsons malcolm.parsons at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 12:45:08 UTC 2010

Hi,

Last night the BBC's coverage of "Wimbledon 2010" overran due to
coverage of a record breaking tennis match.

The EIT was updated several times, changing the start and end of the
following programme - "Today at Wimbledon".

Both programmes were set to be recorded, and I ended up with 1
recording of "Wimbledon 2010" and 9 recordings of various parts of
what should have been "Today at Wimbledon".

I was watching the programme live, so was able to stop the duplicate
recordings, but had to keep switching to a different recording when
the one I was watching stopped recording.  It might have been easier
to switch to Live TV.

I'm using MythTV 0.23-fixes.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7369 describes similar behaviour
with MythTV 0.21, but the ticket was closed as being a rare case.

Is anyone else affected by this misbehaviour?

Would it be difficult for MythTV to just make one long recording?

--
Malcolm Parsons