[mythtv] EIT updates for in-progress recordings

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Jun 24 15:27:28 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 13:45 +0100, Malcolm Parsons wrote:

> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7369 describes similar behaviour
> with MythTV 0.21, but the ticket was closed as being a rare case.
>
> Is anyone else affected by this misbehaviour?
>
> Would it be difficult for MythTV to just make one long recording?

I believe this has only been seen in the UK. For most EIT data
is not updated coherently as program start and end time change.
There is an existing mechanism to extend in progress recordings
and this could be tied into the EIT updates of in progress
recordings. It wouldn't be trivial, but not too difficult either.
Because of the rarity, I doubt anyone not affected by this will
tackle the problem. But if you or someone else not too familiar
with the code wants to tackle the problem we can assist in the
effort.

-- Daniel