[mythtv] EIT updates for in-progress recordings

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Fri Jun 25 09:16:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 11:27:28AM -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 13:45 +0100, Malcolm Parsons wrote:
>
> > http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7369 describes similar behaviour
> > with MythTV 0.21, but the ticket was closed as being a rare case.
> >
> > Is anyone else affected by this misbehaviour?
> >
> > Would it be difficult for MythTV to just make one long recording?
>
> I believe this has only been seen in the UK. For most EIT data
> is not updated coherently as program start and end time change.

I've never seen that although EIT is here flexible too.

> There is an existing mechanism to extend in progress recordings
> and this could be tied into the EIT updates of in progress
> recordings.

DVB EIT has a optional but used running status table.

> It wouldn't be trivial, but not too difficult either.

They basic implementation is trivial. I should still have a patch that
does it. It even sets commflag marks based on the running startus.
The hard part is integrating it into the scheduler. If a program is
extended it could introduce conflicts with following recordings.

> Because of the rarity, I doubt anyone not affected by this will
> tackle the problem. But if you or someone else not too familiar
> with the code wants to tackle the problem we can assist in the
> effort.

It's on my todo list, but I don't know when I'll get it done. If someone
is interested a can dig the old patch out and assist.

Janne