[mythtv] 0.23 Release Date

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Mar 1 15:08:26 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 10:03:18AM -0500, Robert Shields wrote:
> Sorry, I didn't fully explain myself when aiming for a simple question and
> response.
>
> The reasoning for waiting for 0.23: I did have 0.22 installed, but I was
> having some issues only after I installed the second tuner card (repetitive
> messages sent to the kern.log).
>
> Since I did the fresh install of Ubuntu, the drivers/firmware for the
> HVR-2250.  I have been using kaffeine and have not gotten any errors.
>
> I thought it would make more sense to wait for 0.23 and see if the errors
> returned after I installed Myth.  I don't want to install 0.22 and then 0.23
> - it makes more sense to me to have as clean of a test situation as possible
> (this box's only purpose is Myth).
>
> If the errors are only present when Myth is installed, then at least I can
> begin to narrow down the cause and hopefully make an intelligent bug ticket.
>
> Hopefully my decisions make more sense to you now (or at least, less
> weird).  Please do let us (I can't imagine I am the only one excited about
> it), when to expect 0.23 to be available.

Well with mythtv on Debian at least I have never had any problems
upgrading.  I started out with 0.17 as far as I remember and have upgraded
many times since (including to some in between updates).

Just install and upgrade when a new one comes out.  It never seems to
cause any problems.

--
Len Sorensen