[mythtv] 0.23 Release Date

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Mon Mar 1 16:18:41 UTC 2010

Robert Shields píše v Po 01. 03. 2010 v 10:03 -0500:
> The reasoning for waiting for 0.23: I did have 0.22 installed, but I
> was having some issues only after I installed the second tuner card
> (repetitive messages sent to the kern.log).
>
> Since I did the fresh install of Ubuntu, the drivers/firmware for the
> HVR-2250.  I have been using kaffeine and have not gotten any errors.
>
> I thought it would make more sense to wait for 0.23 and see if the
> errors returned after I installed Myth.  I don't want to install 0.22
> and then 0.23 - it makes more sense to me to have as clean of a test
> situation as possible (this box's only purpose is Myth).
>
> If the errors are only present when Myth is installed, then at least I
> can begin to narrow down the cause and hopefully make an intelligent
> bug ticket.

BTW, this is a very wrong approach - to wait for a release to see if the
error you had in previous version persists. That way you could wait
forever.If you wanted to actually help then I'd suggest you to install
the current trunk SVN and test it deeply. If the error persists then
fill the ticket and you have at least a chance that 0.23 will be
released with that problem fixed.

And last thing before somebody kills us for discussing typical user
questions in developer mailing list under a misleading message subject:
if something writes to kern.log it cannot be Myth. Talk to your kernel
maintainer, device driver author, check if "modinfo drivermodule"
suggests something about logging etc. MythTV writes to log files you
specify, usually /var/log/mythtv/ but definitely not kern.log.

Petr