[mythtv] 0.23 Release Date

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Mon Mar 1 16:45:21 UTC 2010

On 01/03/2010 15:03, Robert Shields wrote:

> I thought it would make more sense to wait for 0.23 and see if the
> errors returned after I installed Myth.  I don't want to install 0.22
> and then 0.23 - it makes more sense to me to have as clean of a test
> situation as possible (this box's only purpose is Myth).
>
> If the errors are only present when Myth is installed, then at least I
> can begin to narrow down the cause and hopefully make an intelligent bug
> ticket.

Look at it another way, we are still bug fixing to try and put together
an RC for 0.23. If it doesn't work with what is nearly an RC trunk,
then that would be a *bug* which we have a vague chance of getting
fixed for 0.23.

Otherwise, it's more likely the fix will end up in 0.24.

So do you help to fix mythtv by installing trunk and helping to
diagnose the problem, or do you wait until release and then go
"Oh look, it doesn't work...."?

Up to you really....

Stuart