[mythtv] AC3 playback mangled until timestretch activated

Matt W mwood23 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 20:14:55 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Normally I'd tell you that it's impossible for those system libs to affect
> MythTV, but according to http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7796#comment:7 ,
> Debian (or some 3rd party packager for Debian) is forking MythTV and linking
> against external libs instead of the versions that are distributed with,
> tested with, compiled with appropriate options for, and known to work with
> MythTV.

yeah I am not about to trace down what library path gets used when and
where :)  So I went ahead and ripped out the packaged versions of the
libs altogether.  but yeah libmpeg2 is not dynamically linked to any
mythtv libs or binaries.  and the only thing that seems to link it is
mpeg2dec.  ok nevermind, sorry for the noise!