[mythtv] Still muddling along w/ Snow Leopard compile issues

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue Mar 9 00:48:39 UTC 2010

On 09/03/2010, at 10:08 AM, john sturgeon wrote:

> It was a bit more involved than just the src.  My environment needed tweaking as well.

OK, but to go forward, someone will need to also
critically analyse each change to see if/why it is
really needed. Sadly, that person will probably be me
(who hasn't had the time to try a
 fixes build on 10.6.2 Core2Duo yet).

e.g.:

> For instance, I needed to install the FireWireSDK (wasn't part of the default xCode SDK)

Do you actually use a FireWire tuner?
If not, configure should have happily disabled this?

> , also,  I needed to link pkg-config to /usr/local/bin

Do you remember what needed to use pkg-config?
As far as I know, configure has appropriate
workarounds for its absence on Mac OS X.

> (since config wasn't finding it in /opt).

What was looking in /opt?

Do you have Fink installed products there?

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|  4  8 |
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | 15 16 |