[mythtv] Truncated translation

gilles choteau.gilles at orange.fr
Sat Mar 13 19:09:38 UTC 2010

hi
I am in the french translation team, the translation for 0.23 is
completed and now i verify in the context with 3 themes (arclight, terra
and mythcenterwide )and i find that many texts are cut, i give you 2
exemples

 1) when you are in the program guide and you choice your next recording.
         you define the rule ==> Record at any time on any channel (in
french, Enregistrer à n'importe quel moment sur n'importe quelle chaîne)
         the text is truncated like this
                in Terra  ==>Enregistrer à n'importe quel moment sur
n'impor...
                in Mythcenter ==> Enregistrer à n'importe quel moment
sur n'impor...
                in Arclight  ==> Enregistrer à n'importe quel moment sur...

 2) in the same condition you verify dups in the last recording.  the
text is truncated like this

    in Terra  ==>Rechercher les doublons dans les enregistrements ac
    in Mythcenter ==> Rechercher les doublons dans les enregistrem..
    in Arclight  ==> Rechercher les doublons dans les enregist...

And for "Look for duplicates in current and previous recordings" it's
the same text. In this case it impossible to make the difference.

My screen is in 1024x576 and i try to adjust the font size but it's not
enough (-30% max)and it applied for all text.
This screen is enough to increase the buttonlist and so on.
I see Terra, it's easy to create a new buttonlist
"baseextrawideselector" for the extralarge text

My question: are you agree a patch with this thing ? is it the good way
? have you another way ?

Best regards

Gilles74

sorry perhaps it's not the good list for the question