[mythtv] OSD disappearing & locking up on "Please Wait"

Bill billstuff2001 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 16 15:55:56 UTC 2010

> On my remote frontend (zotac ion dual core, 2gb) I keep losing the osd, at
> which point playback continues but any onscreen info is not shown.
>
> Secondly, often when selecting a programme on the rrmote frontend the please
> wait screen shows and never goes to the programme playback.

Hey Rich,

First, your OSD problem sounds similar to my problem in ticket #8165
<http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8165>.

Second, I experienced the "Please Wait" problem on my system.  I'd have
to kill
the frontend to recover. It went away when I upgraded Qt to 4.6.2.  I
had dug
through the problem a little and it appeared to be related to the event
handling
logic at the start of playback - events were getting lost or misdirected.

This is all with trunk and regular video (not VDPAU), so YMMV

Hope this helps,
-Bill