[mythtv] Playing a media directory randomly

Kevin Peltola krpeltol at mtu.edu
Sat Mar 20 05:18:20 UTC 2010

I absolutely love MythTV, and have used it for years.  I would like to thank
every developer for all of their work.  After building a large media library,
however, there was one feature it seemed to be lacking - to shuffle video files.
Similar to how mythMusic randomly plays tracks, I thought we should be able to
do this for TV show collections, or movies, music videos, as well.

After googling it for a while, got bits and pieces of ideas but no real solution,
finally got it perfected.  It involves a rather simple customizable script, and
I've integrated it into the media library menu. Where might I post the details?

Kevin