[mythtv] All translations in 0.23 (was French translation in 0.23)

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Sat Mar 27 12:41:29 UTC 2010

2010/3/27 Nicolas Riendeau <knight at teksavvy.com>:
> Kenni, in your planned update of the translation wiki page could you
> possibly please give more info on this (something like my reply above where
> I describe what each tool does)?

Yep, will add a seperate section which describes the translation
proces in details, both from a technical point of view (like this),
but also how the patch is accepted into MythTV (string freeze after
feature freeze, keeping the translation patch up to date, etc.)

> Sorry devs for taking our translation issues to the -dev mailing list but as
> there are no translation specific mailing list and this is neither a -users
> or -theming issue there's nowhere else to post about this...

I don't know...as long as the discussion is about code in relation to
translations, I don't see any issues with it. It's no different than
if it was some coding issue with video decoding. If it was a
discussion on how to interpret the meaning of a string or if X should
be translated into Y or Z, then I would fully agree. But then
again...I'm a translator, not a MythTV developer, so I'm not the right
person to comment on this :)

But I agree that a translation mailing list would be good, if we
should try to improve the internationalization of MythTV.

Best Regards
Kenni