[mythtv] Q: mythweather: character encoding

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 14:34:35 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 6:46 AM, Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been trying to create a mythweather grabber which covers parts of
> Europe where I live. Doing so, i sometimes get descriptions of places in
> non-ascii character sets when I do a search. So, I need to deliver search
> results with 8-bit data to myth through the interface between the
> mythweather grabber and the main program.

I have a grabber ready to be committed for trunk (after 0.23 is
official) that uses yr.no, which covers pretty much the entire world.
I am using UTF-8, and still need to double-check it with accented
characters.  If mythweather does not accept UTF-8 right now, it will
very soon.

Also, please be sure to ensure that any grabber you create adheres to
the terms of service for the data provider.  If it doesn't, it most
certainly will not be accepted into the repository.  Just a heads up.
:)

Ciao
Gavin