[mythtv] mythtv-dev Digest, Vol 86, Issue 29

Robert Pfeifer rpfeifer.public at gmail.com
Sat May 1 09:46:56 UTC 2010

From: Mark Goldberg<marklgoldberg at gmail.com>
> Robert wrote:
>> OK, here is a backtrace&  log. This is for mythfrontend compiled from
>> the 0.23 svn, version 24270.
>
> Are you sure? Your log reports 24246M and the fix for the DVD playback
> problem was in [24252]. I can't reproduce it here with 24288. If it
> still persists after updating and installing please remove your
> modifications and create a new backtrace.
>
> Janne

I uninstalled the Ubuntu packages in case these were conflicting, did a
fresh checkout of MythTV 0.23, received version 24335, and I'm pleased
to say DVD playback is now working for me with 0.23. DVDs with no menu
still have the speed problem, of course, but I gather this is expected
behaviour and the patch for this is scheduled for 0.24.

I'm happy to see the problem I encountered was known and had already
been resolved. I'm going back to using trunk now, and I'll probably
stick with 24258 for the time being, because I'm of the "if it's not
broke, don't fix it" school of thinking and I know this version gives me
correct playback speed for DVDs without menus. I'll keep a watch here
for any updates that might affect me.

Thanks, everyone!

Robert Pfeifer