[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r24475 - in trunk/mythtv/programs by gigem

Bill billstuff2001 at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 9 14:13:24 UTC 2010

> Jim Stichnoth<stichnot at gmail.com>  says:
>
>> Here's my own perspective.  This is the scheduling feature I've wanted
>> for a long long time.
>>
> Me too. I had it for a while with Martin Long/Bill Cizek (the original
> author of the HDHomeRun multirec support)'s two-pass scheduler
> (<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/370684#370684>),
> but sadly it never got updated beyond 0.21.

I've attached my current version of Martin's two-pass scheduler. James's
patch (in r24475) might make this obsolete, but I suspect there are
still corner cases that benefit from it (i.e. one show ends at 8:00, the
next starts at 8:01 on a different channel... wacky stuff like that).

It's compile tested but I don't run trunk so YMMV. If there's any
interest in committing this in trunk (with a configuration setting for
use / don't use) I'll help polish it.

Enjoy,
Bill