[mythtv] MythVideo: Videos with special characters in filename are not found

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat May 29 14:36:53 UTC 2010

On 5/29/2010 04:57, Mirko wrote:
> I have a problem with the new version 0.23 of MythTV.

No you're not.  You're running 0.23rc2.  Bugs will only be accepted if
they exist in the current version of MythTV.  That means the latest
revision on trunk or branches/release-0-23-fixes.  Ubuntu tracks the
fixes branch, so if you update through their package system, you will
get the proper version.

> If I copy a video with special characters (umlauts like äöü) in the
> filename into the directory /var/lib/mythtv/videos/ I can't see this
> video in MythTV (MediaLibrary - Watch Videos). All other videos
> (without any umlauts) I can see without problems.

The ticket was closed invalid, called a 'character set issue'.  Please
run 'locale' in a terminal and reply with the output.