[mythtv] Possible to re-open 7164 and/or 4989?

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 15:17:23 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Daniel Kristjansson
<danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-11-01 at 10:52 -0400, Matt S. wrote:
>> After a discussion in the #mythtv IRC channel the other day, it
>> appears that additional folks, including developers, are stumbling
>> upon the issues outlined in 7164/4989 (including the one opened by
>
> There are three tickets currently open on related issues:
> #6948, #8211, #9137. Channel browse across multiple tuners
> has been implemented since #4989 was submitted, but it only
> works if your channum entries are all unique. The same
> problem exists for channel favorites. These are bugs that
> should be fixed and can be tracked in #6948 and #8211 which
> describe other symptoms of the same problem.
>
> Opening the old tickets would not be helpful, #4989 dates
> from before browse all patch was submitted and committed
> and #7164 doesn't add anything to what is in the existing
> open tickets.
>
> Note: I can not reproduce #9137 so if the requested info is
> not produced soon that ticket will be closed.
>
> -- Daniel

Thank you Daniel - I'll check out the other tickets.  I'm not sure if
9137 is something I've specifically seen or not, but again - I no
longer run multirec.  I'll start testing again with multirec on after
0.24 is released and see if some of the symptoms have been
resolved/reduced.  I know that right after 0.23 was released I was
still seeing the exact symptoms described in #4989.

Thanks!
Matt