[mythtv] BrowserBased setup

Andre mythtv-dev at dinkum.org.uk
Wed Nov 24 11:54:38 UTC 2010

On 23 Nov 2010, at 22:27, Stuart Morgan wrote:

> On Tuesday 23 Nov 2010 20:12:21 Per Lundberg wrote:
>> Has there been any discussions taking place as to what the chosen
>> platform for this would be? I'm thinking in terms of web server
>> platform (PHP, CGI, whatever).
>
> Built-in webserver, C++ and HTML + javascript.

Glad to hear it, I understood the whole point of making the backend configuration from web pages was simplicity and to get away from the dependency on QT. I don't see the benefit of replacing "requires QT" with "requires Flash" or "requires Silverlight", ok the "requires" is on a client not the server but still...

Lets hope the devs keep to a simple approach so we can have a backend server without any gui requirements that can be configured from just about any browser.

If it's kept simple maybe it will happen quite quickly too.

Andre