[mythtv] DVD recording

James jam at tigger.ws
Sun Oct 10 13:45:16 UTC 2010

Hi
before I comit this to a ticket, comments may help, or save the Open-Close a
ticket ...

For a while I've not been able to create a DVD. That was recently fixed.

But now if I create a DVD using transcode only the first half of the recording
has sound, the second not.
If I use projectX an iso is not created and the log ends with:

renameProjectXFiles start -----------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 5501,
in main
    processJob(job)
  File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 5213,
in processJob
    processFile(node,folder,filecount)
  File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 4690,
in processFile
    doProcessFileProjectX(file, folder, count)
  File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 5043,
in doProcessFileProjectX
    if not runProjectX(chanid, starttime, folder, False, mediafile):
  File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 2075,
in runProjectX
    renameProjectXFiles(folder, pxbasename)
  File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 2141,
in renameProjectXFiles
    write("found file for stream 0x%x, %s" % (streamIds[len(streamIds)-1],
tokens[3]), False)
IndexError: list index out of range

This behaviour occurs with multiple recordings, all of which can be watched
without any problems in mythtv.
Some recordings work normally.

Is this an error? Are all my recordings defective? Should this be raised as a
defect?

If my recordings are defective should we not have myth be more robust?

Thanks
James