[mythtv] To Robertm re Arclight Fonts

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 24 17:38:17 UTC 2010

I made a small typing mistake in my previous message, I meant that mythtv uses the fonts under /usr/share/mythtv/themes/Arclight.

Yianni.

From: yiannividalis at hotmail.com
To: mythtv-dev at mythtv.org
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 20:31:35 +0300
Subject: Re: [mythtv] To Robertm re Arclight Fonts

> Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 13:15:36 -0400
> From: cpinkham at bc2va.org
> To: mythtv-dev at mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv] To Robertm re Arclight Fonts
>
> * On Sun Oct 24, 2010 at 07:15:00PM +0300, Yianni Vidalis wrote:
> > I understand you can't help with this one, but just to explain further
> > what I see: Arclight shows the correct League Gothic characters for
> > English, but shows any non-English characters using Arial. Even after
> > copying the English "A" to both the Greek capital "A" and lowercase "a",
> > Arclight refuses to show the slim League Gothic Greek letters but chooses
> > to use their Arial equivalent characters. This behaviour is shown only
> > in MythTV, openoffice shows them correctly when I type them.
>
> Are you sure you don't have 2 copies of the font file around and MythTV is
> using the unmodified version?  MythTV does a 'hunt' for font files now, so
> it may be finding an old copy somewhere under your themes directory.
>
> For kicks, can you check what MythTV displays if you startup OpenOffice,
> use the specified font, then startup MythTV, does it show the Greek characters
> correct like OpenOffice or are they incorrect still?
>
> --
> Chris
MythTV load the font under /usr/share/mythtv/Arclight. If I remove or rename it, it looks for it under /usr/share/fonts (I had it there also). If I remove that, too, it uses Arial:

2010-10-24 20:24:37.078 MythFontProperties, Error: Failed to load 'League Gothic', got 'Arial' instead
                        Location: /usr/share/mythtv/themes/Arclight/base.xml @ 17
                        Name: 'basegothicsmall' Type: 'fontdef'
2010-10-24 20:24:37.093 MythFontProperties, Error: Failed to load 'League Gothic', got 'Arial' instead
                        Location: /usr/share/mythtv/themes/Arclight/base.xml @ 50
                        Name: 'basegothicsmalllightblue'        Type: 'fontdef'
2010-10-24 20:24:37.152 MythFontProperties, Error: Failed to load 'League Gothic', got 'Arial' instead
                        Location: /usr/share/mythtv/themes/Arclight/base.xml @ 81
                        Name: 'basegothicmedium'        Type: 'fontdef'
2010-10-24 20:24:37.167 MythFontProperties, Error: Failed to load 'League Gothic', got 'Arial' instead
                        Location: /usr/share/mythtv/themes/Arclight/base.xml @ 85
                        Name: 'basegothicmid'   Type: 'fontdef'
2010-10-24 20:24:37.183 MythFontProperties, Error: Failed to load 'League Gothic', got 'Arial' instead
                        Location: /usr/share/mythtv/themes/Arclight/base.xml @ 97
                        Name: 'basegothicmediumblue'    Type: 'fontdef'
2010-10-24 20:24:37.183 MythFontProperties, Error: Failed to load 'League Gothic', got 'Arial' instead
                        Location: /usr/share/mythtv/themes/Arclight/base.xml @ 101
                        Name: 'basegothicmidblue'       Type: 'fontdef'
2010-10-24 20:24:37.212 MythFontProperties, Error: Failed to load 'League Gothic', got 'Arial' instead
                        Location: /usr/share/mythtv/themes/Arclight/base.xml @ 120
                        Name: 'basegothiclarge' Type: 'fontdef'

In the latter case, every entry on the menu is in Arial, even "Zone Minder"

It IS strange, isn't it?

The trick of using openoffice first didn't work, either.

Thanks,

Yianni.