[mythtv] New cutlist editor (mythtv commit: r26111)

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 15:50:33 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 2:41 AM, <mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org> wrote:

>      Author: mdean
>        Date: 2010-09-04 09:41:55 +0000 (Sat, 04 Sep 2010)
> New Revision: 26111
>   Changeset: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/26111
>
> Log:
>
> Refactor the user interface of the recording cut list editor to take advantage of the new cleaner design of the editor provided by Mark's libmythui-osd code, which ensures users can't create invalid cut lists with discontinuities.  Refs #7916.  Fixes #8564.  Fixes #8832.

Hi Mike,

I played around with the new cutlist editor for a few minutes.  It
looks pretty nice.  My only issue is that it shares a problem pointed
out in #8564, which is that an action taken at the current frame can
have an irreversible effect on a cut mark at a different frame.  The
specific example is that I found myself accidentally selecting "Move
Previous Cut End Here" instead of "Move Next Cut Start Here", or vice
versa, which completely loses the unintended end of the cut/preserve
region.  With the original cutlist editor, if you accidentally deleted
the mark or created a mark of the wrong type, it was easy to fix
because the edit point was already at the only affected cut mark.

I realize one could argue that there are other operations in both the
new and the old editor that could also irreversibly affect distant
marks, and I'm not complaining about those, so I'll get right to the
point.  How about maintaining an undo/redo stack during the cutlist
editor session?  I'll be happy to write the initial patch if you think
it's a reasonable approach.

Jim