[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r26111 - in trunk/mythtv by mdean

Preston Crow pc-mythtv08a at crowcastle.net
Sat Sep 4 20:43:38 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-09-04 at 16:22 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> FWIW, I still have some planned changes for the cut list editor.

> Other ideas appreciated, too.

What I would really like to see in the cut list editor is some
indication of the audio levels in the current and adjacent frames.  I
like to set the cut list to remove commercials cleanly, but sometimes
there's some audio in the black frames.

Perhaps would would be most useful would be a "snap to black" feature
that would find the blackest and quietest frame within a half second,
and snap the edit point to that position.  (Now if only commercial
detection would do that, so I didn't need to fine tune it as much, but
that's a separate discussion.)