[mythtv] 0.24 Feature Freeze and Release Timeline
cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Sep 21 05:20:23 UTC 2010
* On Sun Sep 19, 2010 at 09:27:49PM -0400, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> This is an update to the MythTV v0.24 release timeline we sent out
> a couple weeks ago.
> * On Mon Sep 06, 2010 at 08:50:18AM -0400, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > Here's a peek at the timeline we are currently working
> > towards. The release date is the planned date, but it may
> > be pushed back if there are outstanding blocker bugs or other
> > major issues encountered after the release candidates are
> > created.
> > September:
> > Sun 5th - Soft Feature Freeze (any features after this
> > must be approved by steering committee)
> > Sat-Sun 11-12 - Bug Squashing Party (BSP)
> > Sun 12th - Full Feature Freeze
> > Wed 15th - String Freeze (for translations)
> > Mon 20th - 1st Release Candidate
> > Mon 27th - 2nd Release Candidate
> > * After 2nd RC only translations and major bugfixes to go in.
> > October:
> > Fri 1st - Release and cut fixes branch
> We have decided to cut a set of Beta packages on the 20th instead
> of cutting RC1. There are several outstanding tickets that we want
> to get resolved for 0.24 and we think that it is best to delay the
> Release Candidates slightly to make sure we have time to get these
> resolved. We still want to get some wider exposure and testing
> though. So, on the 20th, we will be releasing a set of Beta tarballs.
> There will probably not be a formal announcement on the website
> concerning these, but I will reply to this thread when the tarballs
> are available for those who want to give what will be MythTV v0.24
> a spin. We don't expect the delay to be too long, so if you are
> interested in the RC versions, but not the Beta tarball, please keep
> an eye on the www.mythtv.org website which will be updated when RC1
> is released.
We've decided to hold off on packing a set of Beta tarballs. I don't
recall us ever generating these in the past unless it was in the early
early 0.x (where x < 7) days.
There are a few issues we'd like to get resolved before declaring
a public Beta or Release Candidate of what will be v0.24. Anyone willing
to help toubleshoot and write patches is more than welcome to run trunk
via a svn checkout.
More information about the mythtv-dev