[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r26576 by danielk

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 18:32:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Jonathan Martens <jonathan at snetram.nl>wrote:

> On 29-9-2010 19:53, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
>
>>       Author: danielk
>>         Date: 2010-09-29 17:53:41 +0000 (Wed, 29 Sep 2010)
>> New Revision: 26576
>>    Changeset: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/26576
>>
>> Log:
>>
>> mythtv-rec: Gavin Hurlbut's hvr2250 changes.. Note: this does not work
>> unless you also comment out
>>
>> Modified:
>>
>>    branches/mythtv-rec/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/mpegrecorder.cpp
>>

> Daniel, are we missing some information here perhaps?

Hehe.  I think I have found the one last niggling issue with this driver,
and have sent a (very simple) patch to the driver's author that should fix
it completely, although there will be no VBI support for now as it does it
in a different way than mpegrecorder expects.  This shouldn't be that much
of an issue as we can support it later on.

My plan is to have Daniel (and others) look over my changes again tonight
after I tidy it up, etc, and then we should have this ready to go for the
time being.

Ongoing, it would be good to use VIDIOC_QUERYCTL to ask the driver what
controls it supports, so we can intelligently set only the supported
controls.  This could drastically simplify the setup as then we don't care
which driver it is, we just use what it says it can handle.  Likewise, we
can likely use VIDIOC_G_SLICED_VBI_CAP to see if the driver does VBI in the
IVTV way or not.  This is all post 0.24, I would imagine.  Rather invasive
to be committing that to trunk during feature freeze.