[mythtv] javascript debugging question...

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 20:58:26 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Rob Smith <kormoc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow at gmail.com> wrote:
>> before the "auto" height and the hardcoded window
>> offset make the resulting help box fall off of the bottom.
>
> is using ['bottom','right'] as the position an option? That should fix
> the issue you're describing, no?

Doesn't appear to be. :(  At least on my system, it doesn't migrate to
the bottom right of the screen; it appears near the center.

Also, I've made a slight change to make the help text a toggle (so
that you don't need to move the mouse way over to close the help box):

function showHelp(title, content) {
    $("#helpWindow").dialog({
      'title': title,
      'width': 300,
      'height': 'auto',
      'position': [(window.innerWidth - 330), (window.innerHeight - 180)]
//      'position': ['bottom','right']
    });
    $("#helpWindow").html(content);
}

boolShowHelp = true;  //Make this global and static

function showSettingHelp(setting) {
    var title = settingsInfo[setting].attr("label");
    var content = settingsInfo[setting].attr("help_text");
    showHelp(title, content);
    $("#helpWindow").toggle(boolShowHelp);
    $("#helpWindow").draggable();

    boolShowHelp = ! boolShowHelp;
}

However, toggling it closed isn't making the window go away - it just
removes the help_text and leaves a 0-line "box" that just contains the
titlebar.