[mythtv] Mythlink.pl

Jeremy Jones jjones at almonassociates.com
Mon Apr 25 05:10:57 UTC 2011

I am having trouble with mythlink on a particular recording, because the
name of the symbolic link is too long. I was wondering if there was a simple
change to allow the user to pass a length to the script to limit or truncate
the symbolic link name to.  If the naming of the symbolic link is done in
the perl script, then I think I could learn enough perl to add this, but it
looks like the name is created by a referenced module of mythtv instead.  Is
there a way to retrieve the information on the name that is to be written
and then modify it before the creation of the symbolic link?