[mythtv] DXVA Support in MythTV

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 14:08:04 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 5:58 AM, w.f.mythbuster at gmail.com
<w.f.mythbuster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Op 24-2-2011 1:11, Mark Kendall schreef:
>> I have plans to add 'native' MCE remote support and there is very
>> early support and interest in adding BDA code (windows tuners and
>> hence potentially a windows backend).
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Mark
>
> Instead of supporting bda tuners maybe it is smarter to put put time and
> effiort in supporting dvblink.
> http://www.dvblogic.com/index.php

BDA is the native windows digital tuner capture API that exists on any
windows system, and any user with a digital tuner installed on a
windows box would have support for their tuners.  DVBLink is a
for-purchase third party product that nearly nobody will have.
There's no compelling reason to support the latter over the former.