[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 67abaa6d2 by Stuart Morgan (stuartm)

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sun Feb 27 10:53:01 UTC 2011

On Sunday 27 Feb 2011 10:33:51 Markus Schulz wrote:
> > Log:
> >
> > Prevent segfault if a progress event claims to be something it is
> > not. (No idea why this would happen)
> >
> > Modified:
> >    mythtv/libs/libmythui/mythprogressdialog.cpp
>
> wrong fix.
> move the ctor implementation of class ProgressUpdateEvent from h to cpp
> file to make sure it's not a pure inline class (all methods are inline)
> and dynamic_cast works fine (progress bar was updated). Looks like gcc
> compiler optimization prevents dynamic_cast for pure inline classes (i'm
> still searching for a detailed explanation).

It's worked for three years. I'd be interested to know why it's now failing
with no apparent changes to the code.

There are lots of similar instances throughout the code base which would need
fixing if this were a gcc bug, but I don't see how that's possible - I'm only
seeing this bug now and my version of gcc hasn't changed in months.

--
Stuart Morgan
MythTV

--