[mythtv] mythtv/master commit: 38f8fb1f2 by David Engel (gigem)

David Engel david at istwok.net
Mon Feb 28 04:30:06 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 01:35:08PM -0800, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
> Just curious. It seems that the if/else if structures could just be if/else.
> Any particular reason to check the status twice?
>
> If(a) else if(!a) seems odd to me.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but that isn't the construct in the
code.  It is "if(a) else if (!b)", where a is rsRecording and b is
rsRecorded.  The intent is to perform the following transitions.

rsRecording => rsRecorded
rsRecorded => rsRecorded (no change)
all else => rsFailed

I supp0se the code could be changed to the following, but I don't know
that it's necessarily any clearer.

    if (recinfo.GetRecordingStatus() == rsRecording ||
        recinfo.GetRecordingStatus() == rsRecorded)
        recinfo.SetRecordingStatus(rsRecorded);
    else
        recinfo.SetRecordingStatus(rsFailed);

David