[mythtv] Linux to MacOSX cross compilation

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Mon Feb 28 19:49:12 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-02-28 at 11:24 -0800, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
[snip]

>         The defaults are XCode 2.4.1 and the 10.4 SDK although it's
>         possible to
>         use a different releases of XCode & SDK as follows:
>
>         SDKVER="MacOSX10.5" XCODEVER="3.2.2" ./mkodcctools
>

> What about 10.6?  I think many of us are using that at this point.

I have verified that the mkodcctools script will build and install with
the 10.6 SDK but I haven't yet verified that MythTV will build using
10.6 and the current 4.0.1 compiler.  I have a feeling that 10.6
requires gcc 4.2, which will need more investigation.

That said, there isn't much in 10.6 over 10.4 that MythTV is using.  I
had to change some CoveVideo to Quartz and disable Firewire but
everything else built fine.

-- Lawrence