[mythtv] [RFC v2] New Win32 build script

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Mon Jan 3 11:00:45 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2010-12-26 at 16:58 +0800, treblid wrote:
> Hi all, late into the game. :p Finally succeeded in building the Win32
> MythTV bins (master branch) in Windows. But when I unzip the zip file
> into c:\MythTV, start mythfrontend and try to watch a recording or any
> video in media library, the app will crash and I see the following
> error in the console:
>
> 2010-12-25 21:00:48.531 FilterManager, Error: Failed to load filter
> library: 'C:/mythtv/lib/mythtv/filters/postprocess.dll'
> 			The specified module could not be found.
> 2010-12-25 21:00:48.532 FilterManager, Warning: Failed to load filter
> library: C:/mythtv/lib/mythtv/filters/postprocess.dll
>
> tried running mythfrontend inside a msys's bash and still gt the same
> result, the file is there, but it still says module not found. Could
> that be the reason for the crash?

Apologies for the delay in replying but I've been away over the
holidays.  Happy New Year.

Thanks for the feedback.  The script is failing to copy an important
FFmpeg dll.  The fix is on line 1101:
-    $bindir/libmythswscale-?.dll .
+    $bindir/libmythswscale-?.dll $bindir/libmythpostproc-??.dll .

--
Lawrence