[mythtv] Program jump file error

Johan johan.vanderkolk at dommel.be
Tue Jan 11 23:37:27 UTC 2011

I had this error very consistent on my system while switching channels
in live TV, and noticed that it happened only when the channels were on
the same multiplex. Once it happened it would happen on other channel
changes as well, I normally restarted the frontend in that case.

After some digging I found the code that checks if the new channel is on
the same multiplex.
I completely commented those lines out, and I have not been able to
reproduce the jump file error.

Now this is an awfull hack, but maybe the more experienced developers
can do something better with this information.

I commented the following lines out in tv_rec.cpp:

starting at line 3779

if (request.IsOnSameMultiplex())
     {
         QStringList slist;
         slist<<"message"<<QObject::tr("On known multiplex...");
         MythEvent me(QString("SIGNAL %1").arg(cardid), slist);
         gCoreContext->dispatch(me);

         SetFlags(kFlagNeedToStartRecorder);
        return;
     }

That it seems to work for me is no guarantee it works for other people,
and I'm sure I did not take away the root cause. (and not sure what
possible side effects this has)
For the record, running a fairly recent master and DVB-S cards..

MythTV Version   : v0.25pre-787-gbdbd7d6-dirty
MythTV Branch    : master
Network Protocol : 64
Library API      : 0.25.20101223-1
QT Version       : 4.6.2